Monday, May 11, 2009

Day 2 & 3

The last couple days have not been going so great. Although CJ is still eating a little he is not eating very much and has started fighting us about eating. I'm already tired, just mentally exhausted and feel like I just want to cry or scream or something, maybe I need to do both. Yesterday (day 2) he ate about 1 cup of cereal for breakfast which of course took all morning and we also bolused him some of his formula. Then he started getting cranky so we got him to lay down and take a nap about 11:30 am. With that being said he slept through lunch and woke up around 2:30 or 3 pm. and would not eat anything. Then for dinner he did finally eat a good amount of pork chops probably about 2 tablespoons which took almost 3 hrs for him to get eaten. Of course by then it was bedtime so he went to bed and when he fell asleep we tube fed him. We thought that if we waited until he was asleep before we hooked him up then he wouldn't know that he got tube fed at all.
Today on day #3 he ate his usual amount of cereal for breakfast and almost 1/2 of a long jon doughnut and then he went to school. He said he didn't eat anything at school so I'm not sure if this is true or not. For an after school snack I know he ate several Cheetos but then for dinner he ate 2 bites of fish and a tablespoon and a half of peanut butter. Other than that he just cried because he didn't want to eat or he wasn't hungry or he just cried and said that he couldn't do it. I know that to wean a child of anything it is hard but to wean a child of his tube feedings is about to bring me to a meltdown. James just keeps reminding me that it is going to take time and that he is not going to eat overnight and I guess that is what I want. I just want him to eat and be healthy and happy and I can't help but feel like he's not ready and maybe we should wait a little longer. I go back to work tomorrow so I am hoping that he will eat good (or maybe better) for his grandma. We will see I suppose, James is going out of town on Wednesday and won't be back until Sunday and I'm worried that I won't be able to do this on my own and that I will fail him in some way. Anyways I'm going to stop here because I'm getting myself upset again. I am trying to look at the positives that he is eating and drinking more than before and that God will guide us in the right direction. Please keep us in your prayers.

1 comment:

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

It's that mommy in you...I would be the same way. You don't want you baby to feel hungry or feel like they can't do something. You want to protect them, after all you are the mommy. That's were daddies come in. Daddies seem to have the ability to stick to things that are more difficult for mommies. How long are you suppose to do this for? I can't imagine how hard it must be for all of you. Hang in there...the best will come out of it...CJ will be eating!!!