Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day 5

CJ is just a slow eater. We did not have a big day eating today. CJ did not once again eat very much. For breakfast he ate 1-1/2 powdered doughnuts, for lunch he ate an ear of corn, a Popsicle and about a 1/4 of a hot dog. Then for dinner he ate 1 bite of pizza and about 3 tsp of mac & cheese. I don't think he is eating very good but James just keeps reassuring me that it is fine and he will have days that he doesn't eat much. I weighed him today and he has lost about a pound which I guess isn't bad but we haven't finished out the week yet either. Hopefully we will start seeing an increase is his eating this next week.

1 comment:

Boeckman mommy said...

Hang in there. Your story is reminding me of another family I follow. They were trying to get their little girl on a sippy cup before 1 year of age. And at first she was hardly taking anything with her cup. Angie, her momma, was really worried, but after a few days, she started drinking more and by 1 year, she was totally drinking out of her cup. Granted she did not have the medical conditions of CJ, still, she just had to hang in there and give it time to take ahold. And I know you and James are doing a great job also. Madison was a very slow eater when she was younger also, so we had to give her something to time her to eat, but not rush her. Like maybe she had 25 minutes to eat and we would set the microwave timer, and eventually she started to eat faster. But I know with CJ's situation, that may not be best. Just hang in there and give him time to grasp the changes. Hopefully he will start to eat more soon. As far as calorie intake, would he do like a small vanilla shake that you could add carnation instant breakfast powder to or something like that. It would give him more calories. I know that is what we would give my Dad when he was ill, just to give him a few more cals. Good Luck, I am praying for your strenth and CJ's ability to become familiar with his new routine.