Thursday, November 13, 2008

Getting Ready

CJ had pre-op this morning and all is a go he did really great and he didn't even have to have blood drawn YAH:). We went up to the GI clinic first thing to review and go over the procedure again and I was so glad that we did because it has been so long since we had talked about it that I thought maybe I was missing or forgetting something, so I was glad to be able to ask some questions about how the day would progress.
We are scheduled for 6:30 am. YAWN!!:) I am not looking forward to that since we are an hour away and of course they want you there early.
I suppose the good thing about it being early is that we will be first so hopefully we should be on time with no delays.
I did decide to talk to CJ a little about tomorrow and he is naturally a little nervous about the whole thing (which he has a right to be) but the sleepy doc let him pick what kind of air he gets to breathe out of the mask, which apparently they have different scents like bubble gum, strawberry,banana etc.... so he chose the bubble gum and is kinda curious about what that is all about so I think this helps a little.
I also let him know that he would have to be brave and go with the nurses by himself because mommy and daddy aren't allowed in the room because the bubblegum air that he breathes in the mask was magic air only for kids. This seemed to appease him and his only question was to make sure that we would be on the other side of the door waiting for him.
I am not as nervous as I was although I still do hope that I am not putting him through this for nothing.
They did say that we would have results that same day after all the tests have been ran. So I was happy for that. We will be inpatient for the tests and they told us to plan on just being there all day so I will post how things went as soon as I can.
Please say a prayer for CJ.

1 comment:

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

We will be definitely keeping Cj in our prayers. I hate when we have to leave them, I think it is unfair to a child. How is any child suppose to be ok with that. I think that the surgeons should let us back there until they are out of it. Our turn will be on the 8th of Dec. Not looking forward to it.

Good luck tomorrow. Thinking about you guys. See you Sunday!!!