Thursday, January 15, 2009

Green Belt





Congratulations CJ! We are all so very proud of you. Not only did you pass your testing you skipped a belt. You always seem to amaze us.

Yes you heard right. CJ of course started as a white belt. The Sensa (spelling?) had combined the white and yellow belt curriculum together in his classes since they are similar. I was not aware of this so when they passed out belts I was sceptical as to whether he was ready for a green belt. James on the other hand is a parent helper so he knew they were combining the curriculum for both belts but he didn't realize they were going to skip a belt by doing this. We were so excited when they passed the belt over to CJ. It was really cool. Young Champions of America always has a Fall tournament and a Spring Tournament and we skipped the one in the fall due to James thinking that CJ was not ready to do tournaments. But after seeing him perform for us I told him that we were not going to skip the spring tournament if at all possible. He definitely knows his stuff and I guess mom and dad have to step back a little and let him grow up as much as we may hate this. I came to a realization as I was watching him perform for us, that we try to shelter him too much and that he is ready for more than we give him credit for. I am just so proud of his accomplishments.

3 comments:

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

Congratulations CJ!!!

I understand the sheltering thing. It is hard not too. They are our babies and it is so hard to see them grow up.

My Three Sons said...

That is great. My boys were in it and I can't remember the orders but they made yellow, green, red, and blue. And then it was all soccer.

I hope he sticks with it. I think it is great for self discipline.

Boeckman mommy said...

Way to go CJ!